Friday, December 11, 2009

Matt Helders sings Last Christmas and Ferdinando Cries about Winter

Bonjour, mes amis!

I took one semester of French and while I adored the language, I came to the very startling conclusion that I am not a linguiphile. I should stick with English, my native tongue, and the little bit of high school Spanish I recall. On second thought, I've always been fine with just English.

It is bloody chilly right now in the N-Y-C and I strongly dislike it. I grew up with warmer winters than this, but it does bring a fantastic feeling of Christmas to the city, doesn't it?

Speaking of Christmas, The Killers have released a new Christmas single, which is always fantastic. It's called ¡Happy Birthday Guadalupe! and clicking on that link gets you to Amazon.com where songs are still $.99 [as opposed to iTunes which has increased their prices]. If you have a -cough cough- significantly cheaper way to get music, I beseech you to hold off on this song because all proceeds from the Killers' Christmas songs are donated to the Global Fund to help fight AIDS in Africa. Just an idea.

Last night, I hit up the Arctic Monkeys [yes again] here in NYC at Terminal 5 and I must say I was doubly impressed by their connection to a NY crowd. If anyone has a chance to check them out in the city, I recommend it over other cities. They seem to have a different feel for the crowd and an old love for playing here. Matt Helders came down from his pedestal on the drums and sang "Last Christmas" for us folk. It was brilliant. Okay, just found it on youtube. Thanks to whoever posted it because my camera died. Brilliant!



Haha this cracks me up. At least I'm not the only one in the Christmas mood. 5th Avenue is decked to the nines and full of tourists and Manhattanites shopping excessively and the streets are rimmed in lights. I loove Christmas, even if winter isn't exactly my cup of tea. Hopefully it's very warm tea to keep you warm at night.

Au Revoir!
~Ferdinando

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.