Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fantastic!

I have finished all but one of my finals. I have had three interviews in the past two days. and I have finally completed all of my Christmas shopping. It's truly fantastic. I love Christmas.


I get to fly home for the holidays on Saturday and I'm really really excited. The bad news is that its the Saturday before Christmas. So I will pack light, bring a good book, make sure my hardy iPod, Jack - the Pumpkin King, is charged and pray that there's no small children seated around me.
I always loved the idea of flying. I love the take off, when you're careening down the runway and then, for just a brief second, you experience that moment of weightlessness and pause before you're up in the air. But I fly so often now that it just becomes such a hassle. I've been flying since before I could remember and somehow I've managed to blind myself with love for something that I do so often, and then I'm going through security and remembering why it sorta sucks to have to take a plane and why Holiday travel is the worst. So, from a fellow traveler who knows what it's like, I wish you all happy and safe flights and good memories, because travel is glamorous in retrospect and that's what it will be when we are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.