Saturday, December 5, 2009

"...I hardly think I'm Sid Vicious"

"Noooo, I'm Sid."

"..Oh, so I'm Nancy."

- (500) Days of Summer

You guys have to see this. It's a fantastic portrayal of Sid and Nancy from the stars of (500) Days of Summer, Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It was even directed by the director of (500) Days of Summer, Marc Webb.

This short is part of a series of online shorts from Mean Magazine called CineMash, in which different stars portray their favorite scenes from classic movies.

As stated in (500) Days of Summer - if you saw the movie...which you should...or the trailer - Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Nancy and Zooey Deshanel is Sid. The role reversals are hilarious and I commend JGD for getting me to not only be able to take him seriously but to also sympathize with him as Nancy (say what?!) And does anyone else think ZD looks vaguely like Jared Leto? Something about the eyes..?

Sadly, blogger isn't letting me embed the video, so just click here. Before I go though, I can't tell a lie. I sorta stole this from Hans, but she never posted it, so I am. Too great to pass up. Sorry Hans! But credit is due where credit is due. She's the genius that discovered it.

~Ferdinando

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.