Friday, May 22, 2009

Arctic Monkeys New Album

No reason to get excited, there's still no word yet on the Arctic Monkey's new album. So instead I have to make do with what they have already released and dream of the wonders I’m sure will be revealed on their next record, which is rumored to go public this August.



They were in NYC not too long ago, actually, recording in Brooklyn. I’m pretty sure it was in March because I was busy with school and midterms around then. It was a bit of a struggle not to jump on the subway and ride it all the way to next borough. How I wish I had run into them on the public transportation that is New York though. I wonder if they are recognized here in the States…?

Other opportunities to see them this summer in the US of A: All Points West in Jersey, Lollapalooza in Chicago, then back in October for ACL in Austin. Do I hear ROADTRIP?

So I’m not going to leave you without a little something for paying attention. You want new Arctic Monkeys? Well Matt Helders, the drummer of said band, updates a video blog on the Arctic Monkey’s site and in a recent one, The View from… The Birthday Boy, we get a little preview of what’s to come.



It’s not much, but it gets me through my day. And apparently it gets Hans through hers too.

~Ferdinando
JUNE 6 UPDATE: August 25, 2009 for the US!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.