Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Is a Giant, Ass Panda Worth Getting Knifed Over?


Sorry, my dears, for my extended absence, school and life have gotten in my way.


In this installment, I'm feeling the need to discuss one of my new favorite movies, Adventureland. I know, I know, it's already out on dvd, so I'm a little late in promoting it but I just watched it again and now I want to share.


Adventureland is a "coming of age" story set in 1987. Our antagonist in this film is James Brennan, I recent college grad whose summer plans go awry causing him to get a job at the local, crappy amusement park, Adventureland. James, of course, is a romantic and falls for Em, a girl who isn't quite unattached. Watching the carnies smoke excessive amounts of pot while working at an amusement park, guarantee's a chuckle. (Honestly this kind of movies usually aren't my favorites, but, for some unknown reason, I really enjoy this one)


The movie stars Jessie Eisenberg(he's absolutely adorable in this), Kristen Stewart (who, shockingly, I enjoy watching in this movie), Ryan Renolds(he even looks hot in the 80s get up), Bill Hader (who sports a ridiculous mustache) amongst other comedic talents, both young and old. So my recommendation is check it out, if you haven't already.


~Hans


PS. Happy Birthday, Francois!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.