Friday, August 7, 2009

Wild Rumpus!

"When he came to the place where the wild things are they roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws"

Spike Jonze. Learn his name. The man responsible for directing and co-writing the screenplay with Dave Eggers for the October 16th release of Where the Wild Things Are has more ability than most directors in creating a story that eagerly runs parallel to the music contribution. The reason is due to Jonze's resume, which has a strong base of music videos and short films chronicling varying bands. That's why I call to the masses to consider the soundtrack for this film. As a childhood reader of Where the Wild Things Are, book form, I must say my excitement for Where the Wild Things Are, movie form, is paramount. But my excitement for the soundtrack? Slightly more excessive.
So when the trailer displayed the song "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire, I knew I needed to learn about the music in this beloved classic and alert all those that would listen to take heed. I considered that there might be other music lovers out there that needed their own poke to get excited. It might help if I told you that Karen O of the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs is the major contributor to the soundtrack. Now are you interested? So get excited! Watch the trailer...again...and count down the days. Because my wild days of today were not born overnight and the origin must be acknowledged.
Let the wild rumpus start!


~Ferdinando

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.